Healthy Weight Awareness Month
January is Healthy Weight Awareness Month
Here is an article from Registry Partners you might find interesting.
By adopting a more active lifestyle, you can reap the following benefits according to the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps E-Bulletin by LCDR Scott Labrecque:
· Control weight
· Reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke
· Reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome
· Reduce your risk of some cancers
· Strengthen bones and muscles
· Improve mental health and mood
· Increase chances of living longer
As hard as it may seem to fit exercise into your daily routine when you look at the health benefits associated with it, it is worth considering and trying to make it “part of” your routine.
Tamworth Community Nurse Association